Thursday 19 August 2004

Flat Piece Application

To finish off my flat piece practice I applied one of the pieces I sculpted.

1) Pros-aide back of piece and transfer the pro-aide to the skin.

2) Dry the piece (air dry or hairdryer) until the glue goes completely clear

3) Stick piece to arm trying not wrinkle piece

4) Use IPA to melt away flashing and blend edges into skin.

5) Colour piece using skin colours then blood colours

6) Add fake blood in piece and randomly around piece.




Evaluation

I was mostly happy with this flat piece application apart from the large wrinkle that happened in the cap plastic at one edge. I think the edges blended very well and are undetectable in some places. The piece was quite pale which worked well as it blended into the models skin and I only needed to colour it slightly. I was also happy with the blood colours and the fake blood effect as I feel it looked quite realistic.Looking at the piece on the arm I feel I should have made the sculpt more jagged or an order shape, I think it looks too straight and neat on the arm. Next time to prevent the wrinkle from occurring I need to hold the piece much more taunt all the way across and this will hopefully prevent the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment