Saturday 4 December 2004

Photoshop


Photoshop is a tool which is used in a huge amount of photographs. Models, actors etc. will all be photoshopped after a photoshoot for magazines etc. It is also used by makeup artists to edit their work slightly before it being put in their portfolio. It can be used to smooth out edges in prosthetics and postiche. You can change any colours that need to be and edit backgrounds in photos to match the makeup. Although it needs to be done subtly not over the top and still needs to be honest. This is not stuck to in fashion and celebrity photography as the media uses photoshop all the time.

50 - wrinkles removed, skin lightened.

51 - cheekbones enhanced, eye colour enhanced.

52 - skin smoothed, eyebrows darkened.

53 - eyeshadow added, skin lightened

54 - Wrinkles softened, lipstick added

55 - Legs smoothed, arm thinned, height added.

























This is my own attempt at photo-shopping. It isn't perfect and is in many ways over enhanced but I wanted to practice a lot of techniques

Techniques Used:

- Skin smoothed
- Face thinned
- Eyebags lightened and smoothed
- Nose thinned and shortened
- Teeth whitened
- Lips enhanced
- Neck thinned
- Eyes enlarged
- White of eye whitened
- eyeliner added
- Mascara added
- Eyeshadow added in crease
- Eyebrows lifted and darkened
- Hairline lifted

Overall I am pleased with how my photo-shopping experiment turned out as I made a lot of changes that will benefit me when I come to editing my final photo for this project. I especially liked learning how to clone bit of the face to hide any lines and change any colours.Next time I will concentrate on subtlety in the editing as I don't want to over enhance my final photo (in this the eyes are too big, the nose is shaped too much and the skin looks too unreal)

No comments:

Post a Comment